Thursday June 4th, AM. Lots of off-road, car-free riding on this route. Steed was the '06 Litespeed Firenze road bike with standard compact gear set and 23c gatorskins on the original FSA wheels. Route:
- 2-hill steep climb through San Bruno to Skyline
- Sawyer Camp trail to San Mateo's Crystal Springs Rd
- Cañada, Manzanita, Portola Rd, Willowbrook Dr
- Alpine Rd all the way to Page Mill. Last 1/2 is a fireroad climb. Able to ride all but a few steep meters on the road bike
- Page Mill east to Montebello Rd (unmarked gate)
- Montebello Rd has a little paved climb, and then a scenic dirt climb and ride to the paved portion of the road which descends into 'tino.
46 miles, less than 3 hours, at work in time to shower and have a pancake before the cafe closed: